Holiday Childcare and play schemes
Spring Half Term 2018
Mon 12th Feb – Fri 16th Feb
Childcare Services we offer
Whippersnappers offer both inclusive and specialist holiday childcare and play scheme settings. Our age range is currently from 5 – 15 years however this may be extended to 18 in 2018. We do offer provision for 16 – 18 year olds when we receive funding for specific projects.
Below we have information on our holiday play scheme provision. If you are interested in after school please click here to visit our after school club page. Both our after school club and inclusive play schemes are non funded however our specialist play scheme setting is commissioned by Lambeth and Southwark children with disabilities team and is open to children and young people with disability living in the borough of Lambeth or Southwark. Children and young people living outside these boroughs can apply for non funded places.
Inclusive Holiday Play scheme
Mon 12th Feb – Fri 16th Feb
5 – 15 Year olds
Must know info:
- Venue: College Lodge in Dulwich Park & Brockwell Lido in Herne Hill.
- Hours 10am to 5pm, with additional hours for working parents (9am to 10am and/or 5pm to 6pm with an additional cost).
- Sessions cost £27.50 – £30 a day depending on number of days booked
- Activities on offer across different sites include Acrobatics, Forest school camp, arts and crafts, cooking, garden and sensory play, trips out, football and outdoor sports, drumming, drama and free play.
- Age range: 5 – 15 yrs (Children must have turned 5 by the 31st August before they start due to Ofsted regulations)
Funding and specialist places:
- We accept childcare vouchers.
- Parents/carers are encouraged to use funds from their care package to cover support worker costs for children with disability.
- Limited subsidised places available for families who are not in receipt of Lambeth Direct payments. These places are funded by BBC Children In Need and Young Lambeth Co – operative.
Full day Holiday playscheme for working parents including trips out!
Prices start at £27.50 a day (depending on amount of days booked)
Limited spaces available. Reserve your place now
Phone 0207 738 6633 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
For children and young people with disability
5 – 15 year olds
Easter Holidays 2018
- Children must have turned 5 by the 31st August before they start due to Ofsted regulations.
- Children and young people are grouped together through ability and age. All activities are child/ young person led.
- Funded places are available for young people living in the borough of Lambeth and Southwark who fit our complex needs criteria.
- Funded places are available through referrals from parents/ carers/social workers and schools.
- 1 week during Easter Holidays 3 / 4 weeks during summer holidays
- Play scheme runs from 10am – 3pm and home transport is provided for some eligible children.
- Venues: The Livity School, Cherry Gardens School, Brockwell Lido and College Lodge in Dulwich Park.
- Activities on offer: Drumming circle, arts and crafts, bouncy castle and soft play area, messy play, sand and clay play, dressing up, theatrical storytelling, massage, music and singing, playground, cooking, trips out, talent shows. dancing, face painting, balloon modelling, outdoor sports. Although this is a specialist play scheme setting it is inclusive. The children do joint activities and go out on trips with children from our inclusive playscheme which is based at Brockwell Lido.
- Parents/carers must provide their child with a packed lunch. As Whippersnappers is a nut free zone, parents are not to provide any food with nuts
Funded places available for children and young people living in the borough of Lambeth and Southwark.
To register email: email@example.com
For more information on our specialist holiday play schemes and inclusive fundays click here