How to attend our events?
- Firstly email firstname.lastname@example.org or Whatsapp 07957204980 and we will send a membership form and arrange for you to be sent your tickets
Who can join the club?
- Do you have a pre-school child with additional needs?
- Do you sometimes wonder if your child might have additional needs?
- Would you and your child like to support children with additional needs in a mixed group setting?
If yes to any of these questions, come along to our “Choose what we do club”.
The club is fully funded and will run from February 2022 to March 2023 with parents, carers and children choosing which activities they would like Whippersnappers to deliver.
What’s on offer?
- Art and messy play
- Music and storytelling
- Trips out & theatre shows
- Training in communication methods
- Saturday family fun days
- Art and research projects for grown-ups
Where will the Club take place?
- Streatham and Norwood children’s centres
- The Livity School
- Brockwell Lido
- College Lodge in Dulwich Park
- children’s centres in the LEAP wards.
Please contact email@example.com if you would like to join the club or need more information. Please do also spread the word so we can offer the activities and support to as many pre-school children with additional needs, who live in Lambeth, as possible.
Please fill out the application form below for all enquiries and bookings.
We are also creating a collaborative patchwork that celebrates and documents our journey throughout the project. The aim of the Patchwork is to facilitate collaborative working, experimentation, and skill sharing.
What is a patchwork?
“Patchwork or ‘pieced work’ involves sewing together pieces of fabric into a larger design.” We will create the content for our patchwork during our stay and play sessions and our Saturday fun days.
Examples of art activities could be ceramics, felting, tie-dye, painting and mark-making, sewing and much more!
We want to encourage everyone to feel part of something bigger and for the final patchwork to be exhibited in a public space at the end of the project.
Alongside all the exciting activities we will be delivering. We will also be running a research project. We are all researchers in everyday life especially as parents looking after children so why not join in?
Our research aims to open up more discussions around how the creative arts can be used to support the well-being of young children with additional needs and their family members.
How can you get involved?
- Suggest research questions and topics be included in our final film and project report.
- Help with filming or be filmed yourself.
- Share your feelings, challenges you are experiencing and what you are learning as parents
“ELEVATE Neighbourhoods focuses on young people in their communities. Developed in collaboration with the Council’s Children’s Services, it contributes to making Lambeth one of the best places to grow up, where it’s possible to discover love and talent for creativity and through that grow in confidence and mental wellbeing.”
Lambeth Early Action Partnership (LEAP)
Our aim is to give thousands of children aged 0-3 years a better start in Coldharbour, Stockwell, Tulse Hill, and Vassall.
In partnership with The National Lottery Community Fund, LEAP’s CoCreate Fund focuses on co-produced projects for children aged 0-3 years living in the LEAP Wards.